Newsletter EtsyMom Group: 2nd - November
A merry month of November to all our fabulous members! Can you believe that the winter holidays are upon us once again? You will find that this new newsletter is larger than the previous month. I would like to welcome Heather as co-head of the newsletter committee and moderator of the team. Together with Heather, I would also like to welcome the rest of the newsletter committee: Jenny and Tyia (Tips Etsy), Meagan, Nikki, and Maite (Tutorials), Meagan and Maite (Shops stars), Cara (advice), Stacie (editing) and Natasha (French translation). I do not want to put in their place, but we are eager to offer you this newsletter each month coming!
There has been much change in the team recently. Along with new members of the Newsletter, we add some new moderators to help us. Thank you for welcoming Shy and Barb in their quality of new moderators. Anastasia Shy attends the committee's Internet Network and Barb with Alicia and Alice through the welcoming committee. To learn more about your moderator, thank you to visit their blog posts.
And now, the new group Etsy Mom Newsletter!
Welcome new Member
We wish to welcome the new members of our group. These members have joined us between October 17 and November 16, 2010. Thank you for a ride in their shop, blogs, and profile, even if only to say "Hello!".
digthischick * Pixielane11 * oceanbelle13. * paintandink * EtcHandcrafts * PeriwinkleJazz * NoheaDesigns * sewsewenchanting * Leapinglily * AngelLeighDesigns * Kellykrockerkreates * babeecrafts * krstapandkatie * kate kate nyc * NikkiRaeInk * KHIboutique * AquarianBath * zoegirldesigns * spiritedstyle * JewelsByJaz * NuMe * Crowsmack * petitetuques * natortiz23 * ZoBeeCreations * LindsayJewellDesigns * BisonGirl * NeedleSpell * doubledotdesigns * SweetSparrowHandmade * littleshopofphotos * PaperXpressions * terrastreasures1 * P2Charms * sweetcricketdesign
Happy Birthday!
The following members have celebrated or will celebrate their birthdays between November 17 and December 16. Make sure they feel all the love of our team!
You want to make sure you are well on our list? Verify that your anniversary listed in your profile on the team site and you will then add at the time of your birthday.
Spotlight
Welcome new members of the Committee of Events Specials: TheCountryChic , MengMonster , RibbonsCurlsBowtique and P2Charms . The Special Events Committee is trying to whip up a wonderful event for the group during the holidays. We open the season with a sale of Black Thursday 26 November to 29 November. Over 80 shops have signed and will offer great promotions on their gift ideas. A big thanks to TheCountryChic and MengMonster for dark head first to promote upcoming special events on the Etsy forum, as well as moderators for all their work.
( save the graphic promotional here)
Help us spread the word on the sale Black Thursday in this thread here . To buy at this sale on Etsy.com, search for "EtsyMomSale." You can find just about anything eco-ethics + Modern Christmas slippers felt, and through the shop for stylish children's fashion, the cutest buttons and other accessories inspired Japanese of jewelry inspired by "Twilight" , photography, handmade cards, stationery, decoration, festive and more! EtsyMoms members, feel free to use this article to promote our work on your blog. Here's a small preview of participating stores.
lavenderave.etsy.com petitetuques.etsy.com * * * mimimarie573.etsy.com AngelLeighDesigns.etsy.com * * louloututu.etsy.com countrychiccottage.etsy.com sykin.etsy.com * * * nwwonders.etsy.com zoegirldesigns.etsy.com * allyouneeddesigns.etsy.com * guzanito.etsy.com * yjennings.etsy.com * LauraElainedesigns.etsy.com * miatortilla.etsy.com * PinkStripe.etsy.com * thelittleredwagon.etsy.com * anhoki.etsy.com * RockefellerJewelry.etsy.com * PeriwinkleJazz.etsy.com * ninabonita.etsy.com * monstermeng.etsy.com * woodenhive.etsy.com * meeabee.etsy.com * silverrosedesigns.etsy.com * www.rikrak.etsy.com * bellerosedesigns.etsy.com * twistedribbonsbows.etsy.com * lisamicheleproducts.etsy.com * twolovebugs.etsy.com * stoneymistdesign.etsy.com * camelotstreasures.etsy.com * cr8something.etsy.com * scperkins.etsy.com * kitkatcreationsinc.etsy.com * homemadebyamanda.etsy.com * shopannavirginia.etsy.com * twosugarpeas.etsy.com * acheekymonkey.etsy.com * sreneedesigns.etsy.com * anasbabycouture.etsy.com * monkeypoddesign.etsy.com * loveyoumoredesigns.etsy.com * Terrbear37.etsy.com * momscrafts4u.etsy.com * boutiquelittlepeople.etsy.com * theavidbeader.etsy.com * etsy.com/shop/USCGwife * babyjives.etsy.com * www.babyswank.etsy.com * natortiz23.etsy.com * nume.etsy.com * www.etsy.com/shop/NewCreatioNZ * oceanbelle13.etsy.com * OrchidLaneDesigns.etsy.com * lifesoapsimple.etsy.com * peaceloveandkids.etsy.com * beyondwords12.etsy.com * TamsyTrends.etsy.com * nellaboos.etsy.com * babysindulgence.etsy.com * DaisyandLilly.etsy.com * DYEnamite.etsy.com * rockpapertekla.etsy.com * MommysDream.etsy.com * addybscakes.etsy.com * LoisAndLinnea.etsy.com * shoprhubarb.etsy.com * elizabeth71080.etsy.com * starknits.etsy.com * elisaann.etsy.com * feltedkitten.etsy.com * 2sproutsandalilvoice.etsy.com * HandmadeWhimzy.etsy.com * lilprincessbow.etsy.com * cinnamonspice.etsy.com * katekatenyc.etsy.com * lilybugboutique.etsy.com
Join us for our second event as circle members EtyMom Blog! From December 5 to 11, more than 20 members of our group will share their design inspiration from the holiday as a recipe, tutorial, or the same kind of realization on their own handmade blog. Even those who do not have a blog can participate by publishing an article on the band's blog. This jump starts here on Etsy Mom Blog . For those who enter the circle and leave a comment on each of the blogs throughout be eligible to win a grand prize (donated several handmade items to our team). EtyMom members, help us promote our circle of blogs by publishing the announcement and related graphics on your own blogs and other community sites! I do not know you personally, but I can not wait to see all your blogs and what the members of our group are able to create! Come back to this page to check or change the details to come! Below is a list of all blogs participating in our circle!
http://cinnamonspicecrafts.blogspot.com Also, remember to register to exchange gifts at year end ( SWAP) (the Exchange Secret Santa). The deadline is November 21!
Rewards Babysitters EtsyMom
Following a heated debate and hours of relentless fighting, the winner is:
Baby Swank with 23 "Treasury"! Congratulations!
Little Birdie Baby Shop comes in second place with 16 "Treasury".
Honour Award for:
Handmade Whimzy : 5
Vintage Precious : 4
KateKateNYC : 4
to us all we have 23 members participating EtsyMom, and we have 83 "Treasury". That is the way to go ladies! It was really great to see all these amazing things that we, members of EtsyMom have made. We are on a good start!
A big thank you to our generous sponsors: NW Wonders Lil Princess Bowtique and Butterfly Gem.
The new EMCA (EtsyMom Curator Award) begins Monday, November 15 and will last until December 14. Our sponsors are : Hot Lava Clothing, Lavender Ave and Designs All You Need.
You can use this section to promote the news of our group during this period. Do not forget to advertise for "Treasury" on your pages facebook / twitter and blogs. Just to up the ante, trying to reach the 100 "Treasury", and made them the hottest. Check the forum a list of new "Treasury" wherever possible, and then click to comment especially .
Tips for "Treasury"
How To maximum "Treasury"
The "Treasury" Treasures in French advertisements are free. Have I caught your attention? A "Treasury" in which I imagined had received over 13,000 visits. That means over 13,000 potential buyers that I will have achieved without this "Treasury". Of course, all the "Treasury" have not much impact, but there are several methods that allow a "Treasury" to achieve its maximum potential.
If you create the "Treasury" in question, make sure that the photos will draw the visitor's eye lambda. The first three articles will get a wide audience. Etsy says you should not put your own articles in the "Treasury" and should not submit several times the same seller. You can follow the example of the "Treasury" of the homepage. After creating the "Treasury" in question, save it and then send a message to each of the sellers being present there with a link to your "Treasury". Remember to add a link to the discussion EtsyMom that the group has established. Fortunately, members of other groups will lay a look, too.
If you're part of a "Treasury", always click on each item, leave a comment and share this link with your Facebook friends on Facebook and Twitter to help increase exposure. I usually comment on my comments on Twitter with # etsymom, so there is always a discussion in which you can see if you're new to Twitter. You can also try to reach your goal in terms of audience with tags like # baby, babyshower #, # and parenting. Do not be scared Twitter. It is as much of the free publicity. Each of you must have a Facebook page. They are also free, and fun! Take a trip to Malibu Quilts on Facebook, if you want to see an example.
As a group, it is worth checking every day and links to boost EtsyMom trafficking "Treasury" of members of our group. If you place a bookmark in a single click you're there. Do not forget to leave a comment and click on each article of the "Treasury" you visit. Here you will find the link to the list of "Treasury" of EtsyMom:
These steps can not guarantee a "Treasury" to be on the homepage of Etsy, but they will certainly give you quite a boost!
Application: "Etsy on Sale "
So you want to sell some or all of your items on Etsy but do not want to swallow up your time by changing text formatting each individual sale? I really can not blame you me either! Thanks to the kindness of some talented people who have felt the distress some of Etsy sellers in this case-including their own dismay, I am sure-and thus created an application called: Etsy on Sale (translated by Etsy to sell) . Etsy on Sale Shop allows holders to establish their products in a few easy steps, we'll see more detail in this article. With this simple tutorial this very useful application, you can easily put an item on sale in your shop, just in time for the sale of Black Thursday EtsyMom! For more information on the sale Black Thursday, take a ride on the wire Discussion from our forum here: : http://etsymom.socialgo.com/forum/topic/248 !
- The first thing you need to do is find the application "Etsy is dirty." You can also search the Google search engine or find it on Etsy.
- To find it on Etsy, first log into your account. Once identified, go to "Your Etsy " , then browse the left hand column below of " Resources" and click "Featured Apps " . You will have the application " Etsy on Sale" very top of the list!
- Then click " SELLERS" top right of the page to log this time using your Google account. You do not have a Google Account? You'll need it, so go ahead !
- Sign in and select your store. Some of you will choose between several of their shops.
- Pus you will select your "Time Zone" (time zone). This action will allow your future planned for sale at the correct time you want. You will also need to allow the application to access your store so that it can offer for sale selected items. Do not worry ... it's a secure page !
- Once these steps are successfully completed, click " done" . You have chosen and your shop and items to be programmed.
Schedule a Sale
- Now you will schedule a sale, click on "Events Sales " . You see that you have no sale of programmed. Well, it's time to start! Click "+ New Sales Event" .
• Complete information for sale and click on "Schedule Sale" down. Simple and easy. Now you have a sale of programmed, either for now or later! (The print screen below shows a few for sale that I have programmed using the application "Etsy on Sale.") Once the sale begins programmed, Your prices and titles will automatically change to whatever you've decided to schedule. Similarly once the sale is completed, all details will remain at their original description .
- To edit the information in a sale, just click on the name of the sale that you want to edit. Do not forget to click "Save (save) when you're done!
- To start put up for sale earlier, click the green play symbol symbol green play at the end of the list for sale. To stop a sale, click on the symbol of black stop at the end of the list. You can also delete the list by clicking on the red X-shaped always at the end of the list .
That's it! Your set-sales are planned. Everything is ready. It's the end!
I hope that you will and not only helped to put in your sales within the group EtsyMom, but for all, absolutely all your future software sales! If in the future you have any suggestions or requests for a tutorial or about the monthly newsletter of EtsyMom, please leave us a message ... it was Meagan - Baby Swank, Nikki - Nikki Rae Ink, and Maite - Tamsy Trends! Many Thanks!
Ask me
by lettermethis
by lettermethis
I just started a blog, because is often suggested to improve its business and it sounds fun. But I have a huge number of members: 13 ... How can I get more members?
Besides my friends and my family, original readers (ie prospective members) can find you via the "Next Blog" at random.
Some discover your blog by searching a search engine, according to the topics you addressed in your blog.
Others will find you because you are yourself a member of another blog. What I call "the circle of bloggers."
Use a hit counter to your blog. Flagcounter, Sitemeter and StatCounter are free and I have been recommended by others. I use Google Analytics to my Etsy page and my blog. Although truth be told, I'm still a horrible, terrible, bad blogger and not good at all.
I liked the idea that "Facebook" is an avenue for many eyes to see my items for sale on Etsy.
If you're active on Facebook on a personal level and have not yet set up a page pro, I encourage you to try FB as a very useful tool. after enough members, give a gift. Cross promotions on your blog and your FB page. Give the opportunity to become a member on your page and add module "love" on your FB page.
Here are some tips I found:
1. Put links to your friend (s) on your blog, whatever the relevance of your blog.
2. Participate in forums, whatever the relevance of your blog, and insert your URL.
3. Comment on other blogs. If you say anything useful and relevant and do not just peddle info , the blog owner and other readers will have to check your blog .
Here are some tips I found:
1. Put links to your friend (s) on your blog, whatever the relevance of your blog.
2. Participate in forums, whatever the relevance of your blog, and insert your URL.
3. Comment on other blogs. If you say anything useful and relevant and do not just peddle info , the blog owner and other readers will have to check your blog .
4. Put useful content and that makes sense in your blog.
5. Some search engines will index you are using the feed from your blog. Make sure it is enabled.
6. Post frequently and regularly while ensuring that reading your articles to be interesting and entertaining.
7. Disable comments. The blogs that have articles with 0 comments denigrating the content and value to readers. If there is no place for comments, readers will not know that only your Mom reads your blog.
8. Invite experienced bloggers to write small articles for your blog. This flatter bloggers more experienced and you will also ensure a link on their blog very heavily monitored.
Good luck! Have questions about life, love, business, education? Or a matter of sentimental while you do business, educate your children or simply trying to maintain your life?? Thank you for sending your questions to lettermethis@yahoo.com .
5. Some search engines will index you are using the feed from your blog. Make sure it is enabled.
6. Post frequently and regularly while ensuring that reading your articles to be interesting and entertaining.
7. Disable comments. The blogs that have articles with 0 comments denigrating the content and value to readers. If there is no place for comments, readers will not know that only your Mom reads your blog.
8. Invite experienced bloggers to write small articles for your blog. This flatter bloggers more experienced and you will also ensure a link on their blog very heavily monitored.
Good luck! Have questions about life, love, business, education? Or a matter of sentimental while you do business, educate your children or simply trying to maintain your life?? Thank you for sending your questions to lettermethis@yahoo.com .
Featured Etsy Shop
The saleswoman Etsy Featured this month Kathy is Hoelzlhammer IS, talent behind CraftsbyKASH ( http://www.etsy.com/shop/craftsbykash ). A lover of sewing, she did a magnificent job in giving new life to yoke or scraps of fabric, usually those that are left behind or after her sewing.
Tell us about yourself
I was a housewife during the 28 years my wedding and I have 4 children who are large (but not yet all left home!). Our only son, who is 28, is also the oldest. He has three younger sisters, aged 22, 22 and 21 years. No, it's not a typo. I binoculars.
What do you create or offer in your Etsy shop?
Right now I'm in a transitional phase. I made knitwear, clothing, doll quilt from time to time, bags and purses.
How did you get started in this business?
I sew! Even since I was little, I made clothes for dolls and clothes for me too. When my husband and I were married, I started making cloth dolls. I did a lot and have started taking up too much space! My Mom m''a suggested selling them on a flea market. I made just for experiment, and this experience proved very positive.
After moving to Green Bay, I decided to make a small exhibition in a gallery. That's where I was hooked on sale! I almost sold all of what I did! After about ten years spent there, we moved to Wisconsin Rapids where I was born. There, raise my kids took all my time. (I was "Mom Bus or taxi driver ... it speaks to you?) As you know, trends and tastes change over time and I had to adapt to these changes to find the right niche. My sister has discovered Etsy, and also helped me to begin an interesting journey into the world of internet sales!
Where do you find inspiration?
It's hard to explain. Sometimes I do not know myself. Sometimes, inspiration comes from a song. Sometimes it just a reflection of a client or just out of necessity or as a need for my personal use.
What is the item you prefer at this moment in your shop?
Without a doubt, my favorite is the "Bucket Bag"! This is an original creation that I made long ago and I have given to the style of the day! It can have both utility and because it is lined, this makes it even more attractive, plus it is machine washable! What do you want more!
How do you promote your work?
Promotion is what has been the hardest for me. I love creating. I finally joined Facebook (using my real name and not my shop), and I did the promotion in discussion forums on Etsy. I put a link to the blog, www.honoringtheking.com ,
What do you create or offer in your Etsy shop?
Right now I'm in a transitional phase. I made knitwear, clothing, doll quilt from time to time, bags and purses.
How did you get started in this business?
I sew! Even since I was little, I made clothes for dolls and clothes for me too. When my husband and I were married, I started making cloth dolls. I did a lot and have started taking up too much space! My Mom m''a suggested selling them on a flea market. I made just for experiment, and this experience proved very positive.
After moving to Green Bay, I decided to make a small exhibition in a gallery. That's where I was hooked on sale! I almost sold all of what I did! After about ten years spent there, we moved to Wisconsin Rapids where I was born. There, raise my kids took all my time. (I was "Mom Bus or taxi driver ... it speaks to you?) As you know, trends and tastes change over time and I had to adapt to these changes to find the right niche. My sister has discovered Etsy, and also helped me to begin an interesting journey into the world of internet sales!
Where do you find inspiration?
It's hard to explain. Sometimes I do not know myself. Sometimes, inspiration comes from a song. Sometimes it just a reflection of a client or just out of necessity or as a need for my personal use.
What is the item you prefer at this moment in your shop?
Without a doubt, my favorite is the "Bucket Bag"! This is an original creation that I made long ago and I have given to the style of the day! It can have both utility and because it is lined, this makes it even more attractive, plus it is machine washable! What do you want more!
How do you promote your work?
Promotion is what has been the hardest for me. I love creating. I finally joined Facebook (using my real name and not my shop), and I did the promotion in discussion forums on Etsy. I put a link to the blog, www.honoringtheking.com ,
and try to find other means. I do not have a blog (I did not know what it was until recently.) It was a rewarding experience throughout.
What was the most important lesson you've learned since you have your shop and what advice would you give someone just starting?
Never give up! If God gave you the opportunity to do that, then you must hang. I know that one time or another, it will pay. Also, "try and make mistakes, but why not try." We all creations that do not work or have a defect. That's creativity. This is an experiment until you find the solution so Happy Creations and Create with your heart!
What was the most important lesson you've learned since you have your shop and what advice would you give someone just starting?
Never give up! If God gave you the opportunity to do that, then you must hang. I know that one time or another, it will pay. Also, "try and make mistakes, but why not try." We all creations that do not work or have a defect. That's creativity. This is an experiment until you find the solution so Happy Creations and Create with your heart!
's all for this edition of the Newsletter Etsy Mom. We hope you enjoyed it! If you have any comments / questions / contributions to this newsletter, thank you for sending them to Missie ( sykin.at.etsy @ gmail.com ) and Heather ( allyouneeddesigns@gmail.com ) .
This is a fantastic festive season !
0 comments:
Post a Comment