Friday, July 2, 2010

Kates Playground Clubbed Foot

History of hook: the secret box


Here is a story worthy of the series Desperate Housewives, I read this morning Sarah's blog and I can not help but translate it to share with you:
"There was once an old man and his wife were married for 60 years together. They have always shared everything. They said everything. They never had secrets from each other except for a cardboard box that the old lady had hidden in her cupboard by preventing her husband never to open or ask questions about what he did.
During all these years, he never thought of that box, but one day the old woman fell seriously ill and the doctor said it was incurable. In trying to arrange his affairs, the old man found the box and brought it to the bedside of his wife. She agreed to open it thinking it was time to discover its contents to her husband.
When opened, he found two crocheted doilies and the sum of 25,000 dollars. He then questioned her about this content.
"When we got married," she says, "my grandmother revealed to me that the secret to a happy marriage was has never argue with her husband. She said if I was angry with you, I just had to keep quiet and crochet. "
The old man was very agitated and struggled not to cry. Only two doilies were in the box. She had been angry with him only twice during those long years of common life and love. He was mad with happiness.
"Honey," he said, "This explains the presence of mats, but as is it of any this money? Where did this come from? "
" Oh, "she says," is the money I earned by selling my placemats!

Do not under estimate women, gentlemen!

Good hook to each and every course!

0 comments:

Post a Comment